Tips for Recycling
Scrap Metal Recycling “Scrapping” Tips
- We buy almost anything metal, or mostly metal See-What we Buy
Not just Aluminum cans, Not just copper wire
- What many people put in the Trash, we buy for Cash!
- We are open:
Raleigh-Mon-Fri 8:00-4:30 and Saturday 7:00 AM-2:00 PM
Goldsboro-Mon-Fri 8:00-4:15 and Saturday 7:30 AM-Noon
- Metal is Ferrous (Steel, Iron, Tin, etc.), or Non-Ferrous (Copper, Aluminum, etc.)
- A small magnet quickly shows Ferrous vs. non-Ferrous. Only Ferrous is magnetic
- Ferrous typically sells for $.03-$.06+/pound. Non-ferrous typically $.06-$1.10+/pound
- Prices can change daily, weekly, monthly, depending on market conditions
- Separating metals is key to getting the most money from a Recycling/Scrap company
Taking off all Rubber, Plastic, Wood, helps value-No Glass, Oil, Gasoline
Hose off car radiator, steel screws off aluminum door, steel off aluminum car parts
- Prices depend upon many, many factors, such as thickness, mixing of metals, etc.
- We pay Cash for all purchases or Check if requested
- We never give information to the IRS or INS
Internal Revenue Service or Immigration and Naturalization Service
- We cannot accept flammable/hazardous materials-Gas, Oil, Propane, Munitions, etc.
- Places to get scrap: your garage, work place, friends, neighbors, local businesses, etc.
- #1 Prepared Steel-No non-ferrous, rubber, etc. No larger than 3’ x 18” & greater than ¼” thick
- #1 Unprepared Steel-Same as above, but can be any length
- #2 Prepared Steel-No non-ferrous, rubber, etc. No larger than 3’ x 18” & ¼” to at least 1/8” thick
- Tin-(Thin Steel) any size, less than 1/8” thick
- #1 Copper-16 Gauge or thicker (about pencil lead). Free of paint, solder, fittings, plating, etc.
- #2 Copper-Thinner than 16 Gauge can have some other metals, plated, etc.
- Copper Light (Sheet)-Roofing, sheet, gutters, downspouts-No insulation or other materials